TATA Consultancy Services (TCS), part of India’s prestigious Tata Group offers a wide range of IT services, outsourcing and business solutions. There are over 2000 employees at TCS Hungary with an ambitious growth plan for the coming years. Since established in 1968, TCS has become a global player with 145 offices in 46 countries with a unique network of centers operating worldwide.
The holder of this position is part of the internal Infrastructure Services team.
Asset registration in CMDB / GPS
• Manage web-based internal Configuration Management Database (hardware and software inventory) and TCS global CMDB (GPS)
• Do asset allocations, reallocations, serial number update in CMDB and in GPS
• Add newly delivered assets to the CMDB based on the data sent by the Procurement team / available in GPS
• Work with the Procurement team in case replacement / new orders are needed. Proactively comminucates the need of the IT infrastructure (from desktop side)
• Tasks: update the allocation info about the IT assets both in GPS (Global procurement system) and in IS CMDB (configuration management database)
• Computers, laptops, IP phones, TVs, desktop PCs, monitors should be administered
• Regularly provide update to the supervisor about the project, including a comparison between the extract from the 2 databases (using excel formula)
• Relabel the assets if needed with the hardware number provided by GPS system
• Manage E-Waste process
• Coordinates and takes ownership on physical asset verification
Software / hardware support
• Provide local support to users in case there is a hardware or a software issue
• Example software related issues / tasks:
– initial installation of the computer
– initial setup of the computer for the user (Lotus Notesmail client configuration, shared folder and printer mapping, configuring security applications etc.)
– support MS office applications
– support Lotus Notes mail client
– laptop encryption support (encryption, decryption, investigate encryption failures, etc.)
– address security related issues (virus infections, security alerts, etc.)
– OS patch follow-up (investigate failed Windows updates, force updates, etc.)
– reset AD passwords, unlock accounts
– grant / revoke logical access in Active Directory
– ensure the compliance of security applications (Anti Virus, etc.)
– work with Corporate teams in case of global rollouts
– support video conferences (help the user to join the conference)
• Hardware related issues / tasks:
– assembling / disassembling PCs and laptops
– replacing faulty accesories / computer parts – moving computers from one building to another, within the building and within the project areas
– investigate printer related issues (paper jams, etc.)
– order and replace toners for printers
– arrange warranty repair with procurement team in case of a faulty asset
• Handles at least two ISO-audit related reporting requirement individually. This is reviewed during the half yearly evaluation cycle as well.
• Provides additional reports when required for other audits / corporate / internal requirements. Example: SSAE16 audit, software audits, physical validation of assets, monthly printer usage related reports to vendor, track the elevated privileges, etc.
• IT educational background (higher education or vocational school degree)
• IT skills: Ticket handling, Hardware maintenance, Software maintenance
• Minimum 1 year of relevant experience in a 2nd level service desk team or in an internal IT / local IT team.
• Advanced English knowledge
What we offer:
• Competitive salary
• Fast-paced multinational and multicultural work environment
• Young and inspiring team of professionals
• Opportunity to grow
Our people are our greatest asset and we believe the most effective teams reflect diverse backgrounds and ideas. If you are interested in an international and multi-cultural environment, with young and dynamic colleagues and a good work atmosphere, you are invited to join our team by applying for this position.
Aniko Fritz +36 1 886 8067