The team develops and maintains IT systems that enable the Secured Financing business. Secured Financing provides a cost-effective and flexible way of raising capital for the Firm and is responsible for a significant portion of the Firm’s total cash need. We have a strong, distributed agile developer team located in London, Budapest and New York with around 20 people in total. The team works on major critical initiatives for the Firm. There is a good deal of collaborative team work both within the team and with our front and middle office clients (Bank Resource Management / Financing Operations) and other IT groups within the Firm.
The team develops and maintains IT systems that enable the Secured Financing business
• You will work as a server-side Java developer as part of a large collaborative Agile development team.
• You will be required to liaise directly with internal clients including traders and Operations in order to gather requirements and identify creative ways to solve business problems. This will involve learning about Secured Financing and related business functions.
• You will develop functionality in an iterative fashion, writing full unit and integration tests for each function that is developed.
• You will be required to liaise with other members or the team and clients to precisely specify the functionality that will be developed, while working with team members and our partners to ensure that all functionality is fully UAT tested before being released to Production.
• You will also be responsible for continuously improving the quality of our system and codebase including code reviews and refactoring where necessary.
Skills required (essential):
• Strong knowledge of Java), primarily within server-side development.
• Knowledge of Unix/Linux.
• Interest in learning about the Secured Financing business and partnering directly with end users and subject matter experts in the front and middle office.
• Good understanding of multi-threaded Java programming.
• Experience using relational databases (SQL).
• Strong communication skills with an ability to deliver high-quality software working in multi-person teams.
• Business knowledge of repo, securities lending or collateral management or other financial software development.
• Experience with Service Oriented Architecture and XML.
• Agile development practice.
• DB2 experience.