TATA Consultancy Services (TCS), part of India’s prestigious Tata Group offers a wide range of IT services, outsourcing and business solutions. There are over 1700 employees at TCS Hungary with an ambitious growth plan for the coming years. Since established in 1968, TCS has become a global player with 145 offices in 46 countries with a unique network of centers operating worldwide.
Service Desk Analyst Trainee would be providing multilingual infrastructure and application support for an international customer. The team will provide English support during normal working hours (9.00AM – 18.00PM) on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday in 20 hours a week. This is a Service Desk role where the candidate would provide Level 1 User IT support, instruct users on usage of software, announce urgent/important information from IT group, receive and work on software and network request. Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems. The position utilizes one-on-one consultancy to end users. Taking into consideration that the Trainee has duties outside the company as well, the shifting will be agreed on individual basis.
Call and Incident Handling
- Provide essential support to Customer’s PC users in Europe, including software and hardware related issues but not limited to a desktops. (support involves, mobile computers, iphones, ipads and printers)
- Assist users over the telephone and over web interface.
- Identifying and solving any problems that affect computer operating systems
- Provide advanced support to Customer’s PC using remote control tool. Support would include standard applications, antivirus and encryption agents.
- Following-up existing tickets and converting e-mails to tickets
- Instruct users on usage of application systems.
- Excellent Customer and Time Management Skills
- Work according to TATA and customer policies
- Process adherence
- Fluent English.
Ongoing Studies is a legal prerequisite in order to work as student at TCS
Able to work at least 20 hours per week
- Good knowledge of Windows & or 8 or XP, Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer.
- Capability to understand IT environment, basic knowledge about networks, Email systems
- Demonstrate analytical skills in problem solving.
- Excellent learning skills and high level of flexibility.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Responsible and accountable personality.
- High level of customer focus and approachability.
- Ability to relate well with people at all levels both internal and external to the organization.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency
- Strong work ethic.
- Proactive and results focused attitude.
- Energetic and disciplined personality.
- Flexibility and capacity to grow with the business.
Advantage but not expected:
- Prior experience in IT/Helpdesk/Desktop/Customer Service support fields
- Previous experience with Microsoft Windows
- Additional European language knowledge (Romanian, Polish or Russian)
- ITIL Certification
- Domain specific and career development programs
- Specialization on specific IT fields
- Microsoft certified professional
- Absorption to full time employee
- Competitive salary
- Fast-paced multinational and multicultural work environment
- Young and inspiring team of professionals
- Opportunity to grow
Our people are our greatest asset and we believe the most effective teams reflect diverse backgrounds and ideas. If you are interested in an international and multi-cultural environment, with young and dynamic colleagues and a good work atmosphere, you are invited to join our team by applying for this position.