TATA Consultancy Services (TCS), part of India’s prestigious Tata Group offers a wide range of IT services, outsourcing and business solutions. There are over 1700 employees at TCS Hungary with an ambitious growth plan for the coming years. Since established in 1968, TCS has become a global player with 145 offices in 46 countries with a unique network of centers operating worldwide.
The purpose of this position is to provide multilingual infrastructure and application support to the customers of Tata Consultancy Services.
The Service Desk team will provide multilingual support during the support window as described in the agreements with the customers and as required for the smooth operations of the account.
Provide Level 1 End User IT support, instruct users on usage of software, announce urgent/important information from IT group, receive and assign software, hardware and network requests to the appropriate IT team.
Call and Incident Handling
• Provide essential support to Customer’s PC users, including software and hardware related issues.
• Assist users over the telephone, through e-mail/voice mail and over web interface.
• Diagnose and solve software and hardware problems by giving step-by-step instructions.
• Provide advanced support to Customer’s PC using remote control tool.
• Escalate unsolved calls to the appropriate IT team, Network/Server Support team, Application Support team or other Support teams.
• Log all calls in the Helpdesk tracking database/Service Management tool.
• Instruct users on usage of application systems.
• Learn and support new technologies, tools, processes and policies
• Ensure high level of customer satisfaction
• Understand quality requirements and aspects of the account and work according to those regulations
• Learn and adhere to TCS’ and customer’s policies and procedures
Other tasks, responsibilities
Participating, driving ad hoc projects assigned to the position holder by the Supervisor including working in any other language(s) spoken at the required level.
• Intermediate English Knowledge + Fluent or Native second language knowledge:
Swedish, German, French or Dutch
• Good knowledge of Windows XP, Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer
• Ongoing Studies is a legal prerequisite in order to work as student at TCS
• Able to work at least 20 hours per week (For German speakers, 24/7 flexibility is required)