The team requires an experienced Unix System Administrator to join the global operations environment supporting email, instant messaging & video products. The candidate will be expected to provide daily operational support to global Proofpoint Sentrion (Sendmail) appliances, Microsoft Exchange 2010 mail infrastructure, Microsoft Lync and Cisco Videoconference infrastructure.
The role is adjunct to Engineering, as the Operations team owns all toolsets which are required to both run and report on the plant on a daily basis. This role not only involves infrastructure skills, but also some scripting and development work, as we look to further automate many of our processes and end user toolsets. Also, we are starting to test and deploy new technologies including Cloud Services and Exchange 2016
– System management and upkeep of the production environment
– Problem diagnosis, troubleshooting, escalation and notification
– Run book documentation – inventories, problem resolution processes, documentation
– Testing of server upgrades and patch deployment
– 3-4years work experience in Unix System Administrator
– Sentrion and Sendmail
– Knowledge in Postfix and efax solutions.
– Some LDAP/SMTP
– Self-starter with good interpersonal skills to facilitate working with end-users and other IT colleagues.
– Excellent communications skills in English
– Good organizational skill; Ability to plan and prioritize
– Analytical Skills
– University degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent.
– Generic Scripting skills
– Some SQL query language skills
– Willingness to learn Microsoft Technologies such as Exchange, Lync, Active Directory and Windows Server.